Horn Lake Haunted Trail provides an intense experience. Participating in such an attraction carries inherent risks. You will be walking through an unknown environment in the dark. To keep the risks to a minimum, you must follow some rules: You must obey all instructions given by the attraction staff. Inappropriate behavior will not be tolerated. This includes a physical or verbal assault on attraction staff or other patrons, loud or obnoxious behavior that may ruin the experience for others, using a light source or anything else deemed inappropriate by the attraction staff. If you leave the trail at any time for any reason, you have forfeited your chance to go through the attraction and will be escorted out of the attraction immediately. This is true whether you leave because of claustrophobia, feeling sick, feeling dizzy, being panicked or about to go stark raving mad. The point of the attraction is to scare you and this may cause any of those reactions. We will help you out of the attraction to an area where you may recover, but we will not issue a refund because we have done our job only too well. In consideration for being permitted to enter this attraction and to participate in all aspects of it, and intending to be legally bound by this Release under the laws of the state of Mississippi, I agree as follow:
1. Notice of Condition. I have been informed that: (A) the attraction and all personal property used in or about the attraction may be in an unsafe or hazardous condition; (B) the Horn Lake Haunted Trail makes no representation as to the condition of the attraction and related personal property and assume no responsibility therefor; and (C) attendance at and participation in this attraction may cause personal injury (including death, bodily harm, and property loss).
2. Assumption of Risk and Touching. I voluntarily assume all risk of loss, damage or injury (including death) that may result from: (A) the attraction and related personal property; and (B) my attendance and participation in the attraction, whether occurring before, during or after entrance to the attraction. I understand that I may be touched by attraction staff in the attraction, as well as the possibility of liquids landing upon me and I consent to such contact.
3. Release and Indemnification. For myself and my heirs, executors, administrators and assigns, I waive, release and forever discharge the Horn Lake Haunted Trail and the City of Horn Lake and its successors, assigns, officers, Board members, employees, agents and representatives (acting officially or otherwise) and their successors, assigns, representatives, directors, officers, agents, contractors, employees, attorneys and volunteers from and against any losses, costs (including, but not limited to, attorney fees and litigation costs), claims, suits, actions, damages, liabilities and expenses, of every kind and nature, whether known or unknown, in law or equity, (collectively “Claims”) arising out of or by reason of any activities relating to the attraction and related personal property or my attendance at and participation in the attraction including, without limitation, any illness or injury (including death), even if any such claim is caused in whole or in part by attraction staff in said attraction. I further agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless all attraction staff in the attraction, the Horn Lake Haunted Trail from and against any claims by third parties arising out of my presence in the attraction or my attendance at and participation in the attraction.
4. Representation. I represent that I am at least 18 years of age and legally competent to enter into this release. To the best of my knowledge, there is no health-related impediment to my presence on the property or my attendance at and participation in this attraction. Anyone under 18 must have a waiver signed by a parent or guardian on site and not use this electronic form.
5. Photographs and Other Media. I authorize Horn Lake Haunted Trail and their respective successors and assigns, to photograph, audiotape, videotape, or otherwise record me as an attendant at or participant in this attraction and grant the right to the Horn Lake Haunted Trail and their respective successors and assigns, to use such photographs, audiotapes, films, tapes or other recordings, including reproductions thereof or likenesses based thereon, with or without my name or with a fictitious name, in any manner, in all means or media now known or later invented and the right to copyright the same. I waive all right of inspection and approval and release each attraction staff of the attraction, the Horn Lake Haunted Trail from all liability arising out of the exercise of these rights.
6. Admission Ticket. Any violation of law, the rules set forth above or any other inappropriate behavior by me while attending the attraction may result in revocation of my ticket to enter the attraction and I may be removed from the attraction. In such case, I am not entitled to a refund of the purchase price or any associated charges.
I understand the terms of this Release and I have willingly signed it as my own free act and intend to be legally bound.
HORN LAKE HAUNTED TRAIL
ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND RELEASE FROM LIABILITY